Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! As part of the version 1.01 Portal software update that is rolling out to users now, we have introduced a browser app! This can be found within the Portal Apps section on your device. Once you receive the update, please give the browser a try and let us know what you think!

2. Touch Notes for Friends

In the same way that some apps allow you to draw on the screen to leave a "note" for a friend, I think it could add to the Portals intended "intimacy" to "be with them when you can't be" by being able to leave a family member or friends a little hand drawn scribble from the screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this great idea! I’m happy to report that this has been implemented as part of a recent software update. You should now see a Notes app on your Portal, Portal+, and Portal Mini devices. Selecting it will will allow you to leave a text, drawing, photo, or video note that will show up on the display when your Portal is not in use. Thanks again and enjoy!

3. Add more filters for Portal

Add exclusive filters only for portal.
    Also add more filters than advertised I know Facebook has a lot of filters that they could add to this that would make it better.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I have some good news! More filters / effects have been added as part of the 1.01 software update, and we’re always exploring the addition of more! Please give the new filters a try and let us know what you think!

4. More stories in Storytime

I am using my Portal to interact with my grandchildren who also got them for Christmas. I am a retired early childhood educator and am extremely impressed by the use of technology in Storytime. I would like to know if you are going to add more stories because we would love them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the latest Portal software update (version 1.01), there are now two additional Story Time stories: ‘Professor Right’ and ‘Cold Snap’. We will continue to explore adding even more stories in the future. Let us know what you think of the new ones!

5. Allow locking of portal using passcode.

Allow locking of facebook portal with a passcode. I don't want roommates to use it or have access when I'm not around.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this request! I have good news for you: this functionality is already built into the product! On your device, if you go to Settings > Privacy, you should see a passcode option. Setting a passcode will ensure that the device is locked anytime it goes to sleep or is in Superframe mode. If you have any issues using this feature, please reach out to our customer support team! portal.facebook.com/help/

6. Timed sleep for superframe

Add the ability to 'sleep' from (say) 8PM to 7AM. Got one for my mom and she is very particular and in a retirement facility where it is in the room she sleeps in. The first night, she had the staff unplug it because we enabled Superframe for her to see pics and it wouldn't shut off. Only option now is to set the sleep time which is not useful in her situation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this submission. If we understand your request correctly, this functionality should already exist within the product. Using the voice command “Hey Portal – Go to sleep” will turn Portal’s screen off. If you’re looking for more automatic control of when the device goes to sleep, check out the Settings menu and navigate to General > Display > Screen Off. This control will allow you to set the amount of time that needs to pass where no movement is detected by the camera before the device goes to sleep. I hope this information is helpful!

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Portal from Facebook

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base