Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

59 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news – the Zoom app is now available on all Portal touch devices running software v1.9.2 or later. You can to start and join Zoom calls directly on your Portal, Portal mini, or Portal Plus! Simply look for the Zoom app in the Apps folder, and install it to get started! While using the Zoom app, you can tap in the bottom right corner to access Zoom’s settings menu.

As always, we greatly appreciate everyone who submitted or voted for this idea, as well as your patience while the team has worked to make it a reality. We will continue to look for opportunities to improve to the Zoom app, so keep leaving your feature requests on our UserVoice channel. Happy Zoom-ing!

3. Provide Zoom app for PortalTV as well

Zoom app is only available for other Portals not PortalTV. Waiting for release on PortalTV

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Teams support

I am very surprised that Portal+ does not support Microsoft Teams. Teams is used as widely (or more) as Zoom. Please add Teams support!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is rolling out now. The Microsoft Teams app is coming to Portal, Portal Mini, Portal+ and Portal Go.

Check in your Portal today for this App if you haven’t added it yet!

5. add Microsoft Teams app to portal

include "MS Teams" app to portal

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is rolling out now. The Microsoft Teams app is coming to Portal, Portal Mini, Portal+ and Portal Go.

Check in your Portal today for this App if you haven’t added it yet!

6. Add other video calling services - Zoom Blue Jeans, MS teams

Will really be great if I can use this for office calls along with personal calls

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While Zoom and BlueJeans have been available for a while, rolling out now is the Microsoft Teams app to Portal, Portal Mini, Portal+ and Portal Go.

Check in your Portal today for these Apps if you haven’t added them yet!

7. Teams and Zoom

Zoom, Teams are the elephants in the room. A lot of my colleagues would look at this as a serious bit of kit if you enabled those and other calling apps.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While Zoom has been available for a while, rolling out now is the Microsoft Teams app to Portal, Portal Mini, Portal+ and Portal Go.

Check in your Portal today for these Apps if you haven’t added them yet!

8. I don't see a way for my visually impaired, mobility impaired husband to hang up after finishing a call?

Please make it so people can use the voice commands to hang up when a call is completed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there – Thanks for your feedback. I believe that the “Hey Portal – hang up” voice command would accomplish what you’re after here. If this does not work for you or have any other questions or concerns, please reach out to our support team here: https://portal.facebook.com/help/. Thanks!

9. Add more stories to Storytime

One of the reasons I bought 3 of these was to use Storytime, but there needs to be more stories.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this idea! Adding more stories to Storytime is something that our team is always interested in doing. Since this is something we have implemented and will continue to build on, we’re going to mark this idea as complete. Doing so will allow to have better visibility on those highly desired ideas that we may not already be working on or aware of. Thanks!

10. Allow portal to accept calls from all facebook platforms (browser, desktop messenger apps, etc.)

Portal cannot call or be called from Messenger through a browser and messenger.com on Windows or Apple Computers.
    This means others must own a portal or install facebook messenger app on a tablet or smartphone in order to connect to Portal users.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for voting for this idea. Good news! We now support receiving calls from the browser version of Facebook and messenger.com on all Portal devices. Please note that functionality may be limited when using certain browsers. If you experience any issues with this feature, please contact our support team. Thanks!

11. I should be able to call my own Portal remotely

I'd like to be able to call my own Portal from Messenger on my phone. I may want to check in on the kids or the pets or whatever (so preferably, there would be an auto-answer option that we could enable). Right now as a workaround, I have to add a second account to the Portal and call that, which is not optimal.

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this submission. As mentioned below, we added the ability to call your own Portal by utilizing the Portal mobile app on your phone. Since this functionality has been added, we’re going to mark this idea as completed.

I realize that this submission also requests auto-answer functionality, and that this option is not available at this time. However, this specific idea is captured in a separate submission: https://portal.uservoice.com/forums/916228/suggestions/36375076

Please vote for that idea if you desire the drop in functionality. Thank you!

12. Smart Home Security Camera Support

I love this portal but doesn’t support smart home camera (Arlo) that works with Alexa.

Facebook live would be a great tool for small business owners

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks again for submitting this feature request. As part of a recent software update, we included more Alexa skills on Portal. That means that if you have an Alexa-compatible security camera, it should now be available to view and use on Portal as well (assuming it has been set up within Alexa)! We hope you enjoy this new feature!

13. Allow Portal to take Wide Angle Photos

It would be really cool to have Portal take a wide angle photo! The camera on this thing seems pretty awesome and the wide angle is so unique compared to any smart phone or normal camera around. It would be super great to just ask Portal to take a photo and post it!

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! As part of a recent software, we released the Photo Booth app on Portal. Photo booth allows you to take photos and short videos with your Portal and send them via Facebook Messenger. Enjoy!

14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for voting for this idea! This feature was added as part of a previous software update. Please navigate to Settings > Privacy > Hidden Messenger Connections on your Portal device and select the contacts that you want to hide. After you save your selections, these contacts will be hidden. Enjoy!

15. Video Voicemail

I would like to be able to record and send video messages to my contacts via portal. Preferably, this feature would be a suggested option if a contact isn’t picking up a call, and it can also be a stand alone option, if I simply want to send someone a video message instead of having a live conversation (like Snapchat).

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! As part of a recent software, we released the Photo Booth app on Portal. Photo booth allows you to take photos and short videos with your Portal and send them via Facebook Messenger. Enjoy!

16. Ability to send photos directly to the superframe without posting on facebook

Trying to get real time photos to our grandparents. We thought we could just load photos and they would show on the Portal that does not seem to be the case.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it so my contacts don't need a Facebook account but just a Messenger account.

Make it so contacts can populate on my Portal and not need an actual Facebook account. Some people don't want a Facebook account but have a Messenger account. If I'm friends on Messenger, they should show up on Portal.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of the latest software update (version 1.01), you are now able communicate with users that just have Messenger accounts. Please note that in order to set up and use Portal, the owner of the device must still have a full Facebook account. I do also want to note that this new functionality does not extend to Messenger Kids. There is a separate feature request for Messenger Kids support that you can vote for here: https://portal.uservoice.com/forums/916228-portal/suggestions/36286831-integrate-with-messenger-for-kids

Thanks again for this submission!

18. Add additional stories to "Story Time" feature

Four Stories are not enough for any child

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the latest Portal software update (version 1.01), there are now two additional Story Time stories: ‘Professor Right’ and ‘Cold Snap’. We will continue to explore adding even more stories in the future. Let us know what you think of the new ones!

19. CLOCK ALARMS, REMINDERS AND MORE APPS

Please, add clock alarms and reminders and improve apps and more smart hub devices like cameras.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As noted in the comment below, alarms and reminders can both be set through Alexa. Simply say something like “Hey Alexa, set an alarm” or “Alexa, set a reminder” in order to use this functionality. As there is a separate submission for smart home security camera support (https://portal.uservoice.com/forums/916228-portal/suggestions/36096805-smart-home-security-camera-support), I’m going to mark this submission as completed. Thanks!

20. Constantly ringing after Call is answered!

After I answer portal from incoming call. You cant see anyone you can hear them talking the portal continues to ring ... and ring ... and ring ...while their talking and wont connect. You have to hang up cause the portal keeps ringing and ringing ...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is unexpected behavior. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact customer support. portal.facebook.com/help. Thanks.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Portal from Facebook

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base