Skip to content

Portal from Facebook

6 results found

1. Allow portal to accept calls from all facebook platforms (browser, desktop messenger apps, etc.)

Portal cannot call or be called from Messenger through a browser and messenger.com on Windows or Apple Computers.
    This means others must own a portal or install facebook messenger app on a tablet or smartphone in order to connect to Portal users.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for voting for this idea. Good news! We now support receiving calls from the browser version of Facebook and messenger.com on all Portal devices. Please note that functionality may be limited when using certain browsers. If you experience any issues with this feature, please contact our support team. Thanks!

2. Ability to send photos directly to the superframe without posting on facebook

Trying to get real time photos to our grandparents. We thought we could just load photos and they would show on the Portal that does not seem to be the case.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it so my contacts don't need a Facebook account but just a Messenger account.

Make it so contacts can populate on my Portal and not need an actual Facebook account. Some people don't want a Facebook account but have a Messenger account. If I'm friends on Messenger, they should show up on Portal.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of the latest software update (version 1.01), you are now able communicate with users that just have Messenger accounts. Please note that in order to set up and use Portal, the owner of the device must still have a full Facebook account. I do also want to note that this new functionality does not extend to Messenger Kids. There is a separate feature request for Messenger Kids support that you can vote for here: https://portal.uservoice.com/forums/916228-portal/suggestions/36286831-integrate-with-messenger-for-kids

Thanks again for this submission!

4. Add additional stories to "Story Time" feature

Four Stories are not enough for any child

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the latest Portal software update (version 1.01), there are now two additional Story Time stories: ‘Professor Right’ and ‘Cold Snap’. We will continue to explore adding even more stories in the future. Let us know what you think of the new ones!

5. Allow locking of portal using passcode.

Allow locking of facebook portal with a passcode. I don't want roommates to use it or have access when I'm not around.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this request! I have good news for you: this functionality is already built into the product! On your device, if you go to Settings > Privacy, you should see a passcode option. Setting a passcode will ensure that the device is locked anytime it goes to sleep or is in Superframe mode. If you have any issues using this feature, please reach out to our customer support team! portal.facebook.com/help/

6. Timed sleep for superframe

Add the ability to 'sleep' from (say) 8PM to 7AM. Got one for my mom and she is very particular and in a retirement facility where it is in the room she sleeps in. The first night, she had the staff unplug it because we enabled Superframe for her to see pics and it wouldn't shut off. Only option now is to set the sleep time which is not useful in her situation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this submission. If we understand your request correctly, this functionality should already exist within the product. Using the voice command “Hey Portal – Go to sleep” will turn Portal’s screen off. If you’re looking for more automatic control of when the device goes to sleep, check out the Settings menu and navigate to General > Display > Screen Off. This control will allow you to set the amount of time that needs to pass where no movement is detected by the camera before the device goes to sleep. I hope this information is helpful!

• Don't see your idea?

Portal from Facebook

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base