Skip to content

Portal from Facebook

7 results found

1. I should be able to call my own Portal remotely

I'd like to be able to call my own Portal from Messenger on my phone. I may want to check in on the kids or the pets or whatever (so preferably, there would be an auto-answer option that we could enable). Right now as a workaround, I have to add a second account to the Portal and call that, which is not optimal.

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this submission. As mentioned below, we added the ability to call your own Portal by utilizing the Portal mobile app on your phone. Since this functionality has been added, we’re going to mark this idea as completed.

I realize that this submission also requests auto-answer functionality, and that this option is not available at this time. However, this specific idea is captured in a separate submission: https://portal.uservoice.com/forums/916228/suggestions/36375076

Please vote for that idea if you desire the drop in functionality. Thank you!

2. Allow Portal to take Wide Angle Photos

It would be really cool to have Portal take a wide angle photo! The camera on this thing seems pretty awesome and the wide angle is so unique compared to any smart phone or normal camera around. It would be super great to just ask Portal to take a photo and post it!

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! As part of a recent software, we released the Photo Booth app on Portal. Photo booth allows you to take photos and short videos with your Portal and send them via Facebook Messenger. Enjoy!

3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for voting for this idea! This feature was added as part of a previous software update. Please navigate to Settings > Privacy > Hidden Messenger Connections on your Portal device and select the contacts that you want to hide. After you save your selections, these contacts will be hidden. Enjoy!

4. Video Voicemail

I would like to be able to record and send video messages to my contacts via portal. Preferably, this feature would be a suggested option if a contact isn’t picking up a call, and it can also be a stand alone option, if I simply want to send someone a video message instead of having a live conversation (like Snapchat).

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! As part of a recent software, we released the Photo Booth app on Portal. Photo booth allows you to take photos and short videos with your Portal and send them via Facebook Messenger. Enjoy!

5. Constantly ringing after Call is answered!

After I answer portal from incoming call. You cant see anyone you can hear them talking the portal continues to ring ... and ring ... and ring ...while their talking and wont connect. You have to hang up cause the portal keeps ringing and ringing ...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is unexpected behavior. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact customer support. portal.facebook.com/help. Thanks.

6. Touch Notes for Friends

In the same way that some apps allow you to draw on the screen to leave a "note" for a friend, I think it could add to the Portals intended "intimacy" to "be with them when you can't be" by being able to leave a family member or friends a little hand drawn scribble from the screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this great idea! I’m happy to report that this has been implemented as part of a recent software update. You should now see a Notes app on your Portal, Portal+, and Portal Mini devices. Selecting it will will allow you to leave a text, drawing, photo, or video note that will show up on the display when your Portal is not in use. Thanks again and enjoy!

7. Add more filters for Portal

Add exclusive filters only for portal.
    Also add more filters than advertised I know Facebook has a lot of filters that they could add to this that would make it better.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I have some good news! More filters / effects have been added as part of the 1.01 software update, and we’re always exploring the addition of more! Please give the new filters a try and let us know what you think!

• Don't see your idea?

Portal from Facebook

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base